OTTO FUCHS Drilling Solutions (OFDS) is an integrated product and service solutions provider to the upstream oil and gas industry. We are specialized in bringing high strength-to-weight metallic solutions to oil and gas operators, drillers and service companies for downhole and subsea applications. With our aluminum and titanium alloy products, it is the objective of OFDS to help our customers achieve more reach, more speed and less cost.
OFDS leverages more than 100 years of experience and capability from our parent company OTTO FUCHS KG in Meinerzhagen, Germany – your premium development partner for new metallic applications and products in the most important and demanding global industries.
• Full range of drilling products and services including rentals
• Global field service and product support network
• High degree of scalability to handle the largest projects
• Vertically integrated for supply chain security
• Backed by the global resources of OTTO FUCHS KG
As oil and gas drilling dramatically increases in complexity, as more and more wells take on horizontal, high-angle and three dimensional profiles our branded aluminum FuchsRohr® High Performance Pipe (HPP) alloy solutions can provide drilling and operating companies with significant high strength-to-weight advantages. These include extending drilling reach, reducing friction and increasing rate of penetration.
The FuchsRohr® line of products includes:
Downhole applications as:
• AluDrill™ - drill pipe
• AluCase™ - casings
Subsea applications as:
• AluRise™ - riser tubing, riser flanges
Key features include:
• Seamless tube capabilities for high fatigue resistance and long life
• Tapered (upset) tube geometries for maximum strength-to-weight and performance
• Finished solutions such as welded, threaded and coupled pipes
• Finite element and torque & drag modeling services
• Rental and field services for FuchsRohr® AluDrill™
FuchsRohr® AluDrill™ High Performance Pipe (HPP)
FuchsRohr® AluDrill™ HPP is made by combining a high strength-to-weight precision aluminum tube with conventional steel tool joints via a threaded thermal interference fit. The tube has an ISO compliant modified ACME thread at each end and connects to a steel tool joint with a matching thread on the back side of the tool joint. The tube body is tapered to provide improved strength in high torque areas, buckling resistance in compression and wear resistance at key points along the pipe geometry.
OTTO FUCHS Drilling Solutions GmbH
Derschlager Str. 26
Phone: +49 2354 738250
Get in contact with German companies in 3 easy steps! With one single question you can reach all relevant German Pavilion exhibitors of your selected industrial branch.
Click here if you notice an image that violates copyright or privacy rights.